Million Manhour Celebrations

Home Forums HSE Discussion Forum Million Manhour Celebrations

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    HSEftw
    Participant

Million-manhour celebrations, what are your thoughts on them?

Oh don’t get me started! I really do hate million-manhour celebrations and what they stand for. All they do is encourage statistic manipulation and demeans the HSE role

Noobilator
    Participant

Ok I get the statistic manipulation, but what do you mean by demeans the HSE role?

HSEftw
    Participant

I think what he means is it makes HSE look immature/birthday-party-ish, correct me if I am wrong

Yeah that’s exactly what I meant, it just makes our role less serious when we bring people for balloons and cake

TheReporter
    Participant

Yeah I get that, but at the same time it is a good opportunity for awarness and a sense of achievement

I would find other ways for awareness. Celebrate a construction milestone if it was done safely or something like that

HSEguy
    Participant

That’s actually an interesting idea. Milestone celebration if achieved safely.

AnonymousHSE

I have mixed feelings about these HSE milestone celebrations. I will have to favor @CorporateHSEQManager on celebrating construction milestones.

But whatever the case, no baloons or party-like decorations, thats just demeaning

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Local Ads

Do You Have Any Questions?

Put Your Email Address and get Started